Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Guest

I was busy preparing my homemade cranberry relish and talking to my mom on the phone while she baked cranberry bread, when I looked out my kitchen window and saw a brilliant splash of yellow and chartreuse on my clothesline -- a parakeet! And a hungry one, at that. When he figured out how to manage the birdfeeder, he sat there for 5 minutes eating and eating and eating. I hadn't the heart to tell him that Thanksgiving isn't until tomorrow. He's been back 3 times since then, and is a joy to watch. While the chickadees, titmice, and woodpeckers all flit and scurry, he sits calmly -- except while he's eating.

Do you know anyone who has lost a parakeet recently?

_____

2 comments:

Laraine said...

That is absolutely bizarre! I bet he is happy he found your house.

kcb said...

if he is someone's lost pet i hope they speak up. how sad it would be to lose a pet this time of year. a beautiful bird!

 

Photographs and text copyrighted by Livin' In the Belch blog author, unless otherwise stated.