A multi-family house went up in flames this afternoon at 71 Hamilton Street. Police and fire were on the scene and set up a roadblock to any would-be passers-by. Unfortunately, the house, from what I could see, could not be saved and is little more than a shell at this point with the back of the house completely destroyed. I do not know the cause of the fire or if anything can be salvaged, but WGGB was there with cameras, and I'm sure it will show up in the news.
Be careful in your houses -- turn off the stove, blow out the candles, check the smoke alarms, look for grey streaks around your outlets, run fire-escape drills, and completely crush your cigarettes (if you smoke) in an ashtray.