Monday, December 8, 2008

Birds @ Our Bell

I have yet to purchase a real birdfeeder. However, last week I did manage to buy a seed bell, in the hopes of attracting some of the birds that live in the trees and wetland behind our house. The squirrels discovered the seeds early, and as I hadn't hung the bell low enough, they helped themselves to a nice portion of the seeds before I had the chance to rehang it. I finally did. And still I waited for the birds. And waited. It took five days for the birds to discover the seeds, but when they did, they brought their friends. Chickadees, downy woodpeckers, tufted titmice (titmouses?), dark-eyed juncos, and even a shy cardinal. It was like a winter festival on our deck all weekend. And now this morning, they're back. I see a woodpecker (red cap and all), a chicadee, a junco, and a tufted titimouse all out for their breakfast and a little drink of snow.

Oh, how I do love the birds. They are such a delight.


(These pictures taken on a snowy cold day by my husband.)
_____

No comments:

 

Photographs and text copyrighted by Livin' In the Belch blog author, unless otherwise stated.