Monday, March 2, 2009

Welcome to the Month of Spring....

In trying to find something good in today's snowfall (the difficulty being that I will now have to find time to make up 8 hours of work, if I can't get onto the main roads and drive my 20 mile commute through the hills on my bad tires), I came downstairs to check school closings and the status of my job. The snow is beautiful, falling white on white. No birds have yet ruffled the fresh snow on the deck, but there sits the red red cardinal on our green feeder, backdropped against the new snow. A lovely contrast in colour.
I would include a picture here, but our cardinal is very skittish and my camera not high-tech enough to capture a good one.
Enjoy the winter blast. Try to remember that March is the month of spring!
_____

No comments:

 

Photographs and text copyrighted by Livin' In the Belch blog author, unless otherwise stated.