Monday, November 17, 2008

Community Theatrics

This weekend was a busy weekend, full of activity. On Saturday night I had the opportunity to attend some local theater. It's been a good many years since I've seen or participated in local theater, but when the announcement came that a colleague of my husband was directing How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, I knew that seeing the show was imminent.

I certainly wish that I had seen the show in the first weekend in order to recommend it to my readers in its second weekend, because the cast was a blast, and the show, of course, worth many laughs -- plus, it had that comfortable community feel to it. However, since the show closed yesterday, I will just have to recommend keeping your eye on the website for upcoming productions. The show was produced by Black Cat Theater (formerly South Hadley Theater), a community theater organization in its 23 season.

If you have an interest in theater -- perhaps you participated in school but have long since graduated, or you want to try a new hobby and explore new talents, or you use to act but got too busy with other things... -- I suggest that you remain on the lookout for local community theater and try your hand in it. Theater troops are always looking for people to act, sew, construct, run lights, play music, run the sound board, and other such things. Plus, it's a fabulous way to meet new people and keep busy and have fun. I admit, after Saturday I feel a renewed interest to get back into the theater groove, myself.

So in short, get involved with the local community -- if you aren't interested in joining the troop, at get out and see a show!
(I was going to suggest that you check out this link for theaters, auditions, shows, and more, but it seems very out of date....)
_____

No comments:

 

Photographs and text copyrighted by Livin' In the Belch blog author, unless otherwise stated.