Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Flurries

Ladies and gentlemen -- it is true -- today we had snow. And from the looks of those clouds, we may have more. Just small little flecks of icy snow that melted into a tiny drop of water upon contact with any surface, but nevertheless, snow did indeed fall from the sky.

And other notes:
Write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days or less! National Novel Writing Month is only days away -- November 1 is the official start date, so if you've been procrastinating that novel, now's the time to get it started. Register, check the rules, and find local NaNoWriMo writers clubs at the NaNoWriMo website. It's great fun!

One of the trains that runs through Belchertown is moving agonizingly slow today. I'm not sure what the problem is, but it's been on the track by my house for about an hour now, moving at a speed I've only seen in turtles.

I went to the library today (surprise, surprise) and picked up a good pile of books and movies. I was kidding with the librarian that I've decided to single-handedly increase the library circulation exponentially -- so she looked up how many items I've checked out since I got my library card on Sept 8 (less than 2 months ago) -- and the total was 60 items -- wow! How many have you checked out?

Just a few more days until it's time to vote. Want to see a sample ballot? Belchertown Town Hall has them online. Check here. Also, for other voter information, visit http:://www.votinginfo.info.

And there it is -- more snow -- you can even see it just by looking out the window. Congratulations -- first snowfall of the season!
_____

2 comments:

kcb said...

first of all, i'm so jealous of your snow flurries! i'm praying to have some on the farm at christmas. this girl needs her cold cold weather fix--read as snow.

are you going to do nanowrimo again this year? good luck if you do.

props to you for your library activity. the library in my neighbourhood--it's across the street and 1/2 block away--is still under construction. i fully intend on maximizing my library card when it reopens. i'm just too lazy to get downtown to the main library. besides, the hours aren't nearly as convenient as my neighbourhood one either.

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure that my little sis is going to do the novel writing thing in November...

 

Photographs and text copyrighted by Livin' In the Belch blog author, unless otherwise stated.