Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Local Earthly Beauties

It seems as if every day is so full of new things to report on that I have hardly taken the opportunity to talk about the beautiful things I see every day. I went on a walk this afternoon, and took a few pics to share (sorry the formatting doesn't necessarily match the pic with the description)~

Queen Anne's Lace that was so prolific towards the end of August...

Fields of goldenrod that blaze in yellow...



Hills of ferns, sheltered in wooded areas...

My favourite sun-dappled tree-lined road, just down from the Transfer Station...



And a number of interesting birds and bugs that fill the air with colour and sound (the ladybugs weren't all I saw -- I saw also a pair of brilliant blue jays, some rather large dragonflies, singing crickets, and more).

Some may consider them common things, but to me, each is a joy.

(Click on the pics for bigger views.)
_____

No comments:

 

Photographs and text copyrighted by Livin' In the Belch blog author, unless otherwise stated.